A Capella Choir
Membership includes 11th and 12th grade men and women and is based upon choral audition and directors’ educational suggestion. Sight-reading skills are further developed and applied to that of advanced choral literature. Members of this choir compete in the annual UIL Choral Competition, state and national conventions and choral festivals throughout the country. Eligibility is an important factor as a member of this advanced choral ensemble. You may obtain Honors Choir Credit for this course.
These women are the varsity singers of the A cappella mixed choir. The varsity women rehearse two to three times a week. This award-winning choir performs and competes as an independent choir throughout the school year.
These men are the varsity singers of the A Cappella Mixed Choir. The varsity men rehearse two to three times a week. The award winning Men of Plano, perform and compete as an independent choir throughout the school year.
Membership includes 11th and 12th grade women and is based upon choral audition and directors’ educational suggestion. This is an award-winning non-varsity choir for women voices only. Sight-reading skills are developed and applied to choral literature for women’s voices. Members of this choir compete in the annual UIL Choral Competition as well as musical festivals throughout the country. Eligibility is an important factor as members of this ensemble. You may obtain Honors Choir Credit for this course.
This premier group of auditioned singers forms the select mixed chorus at PSHS. This choir is designed for the more serious choir member who exhibits advanced sight-reading and vocal skills. A costume fee may occur as part of your membership to
This is a mixed vocal jazz /pop ensemble. Membership is limited and by audition only. Extra rehearsals are required from membership. A costume fee is required as part of membership to this ensemble. Membership includes grades 11th and 12th.
Choir officers are elected by their fellow classmates and should be based on their leadership, service and participation in the choir program. These students are expected to exhibit outstanding behavior, excellent leadership and a positive attitude at all times.
In choosing your officers, remember that popularity is not the most important criteria!
Your student leaders should above all exhibit a desire to serve the needs of our choir.
Officer Duties & Responsibilities
- Presides over officer meetings.
- Initiates and guides officer activities.
- Supervises and delegates activities of other officers.
- Serves as liaison between choir and other school organizations and activities.
- Represents his/her choir in all school functions.
- Serves as the “right hand” to the director.
- Is in charge of all social gatherings for the choir.
Anyone running for the office of Choir President should expect to be responsible for the entire department directly under the directors in terms of leadership and responsibility. This person should intend to call the choir room “home” and strive not be involved in activities that would interfere with choir. They should be prepared to set up for all choir functions including concerts, trips, etc. and be the last to leave with the
- Assist the President in all activities and preside over his/her responsibilities in case of their absence.
- Maintain an accurate record of uniforms issued to students.
- Server as the resource person for uniform questions or problems.
- Assists the directors with clerical duties in both the classroom as well as before and after school, if needed.
- Assists the directors with roll checking during class and other choir functions.
- Organize and maintain a working choir folder system.
- Organize and maintain all choir book keeping items.
- Assist the directors with all library functions.
- Keep the single copy file up to date.
- Check in and file all new music.
- Keep records of all music that is checked out and or returned.
- Librarians are responsible for the condition of the library at all times.
- Responsible for taking pictures at all choir activities throughout the year including concerts, parties, fundraising activities, meetings and trips.
- Prepare a musical slide presentation for the choir banquet in which all choirs are equally represented.
- Represent the needs and concerns of your respective ensemble.
- Assist the President when needed.
- Maintains a current telephone and address list of all people in his/her section both at home and cell.
- Acts as the telephone coordinator in case of a need to reach a section of the choir at home.
- Responsible for keeping up with and reporting to the director and choir secretary all absences in class as well as absences from extra rehearsals, concerts, etc.
- Organizes and maintains a positive rehearsal in the directors’ absences.
This position is CHOSEN BY THE DIRECTORS